IMPORTANT GUEST INFO – We are happy to say that we are open and working in accordance of Government guidelines from the 4th July.
Please note that the following information over-rides information on the same topics elsewhere on our website and/or arrival details.
Whilst we would like to keep things as normal and laid-back as possible, in order to keep you all safe and to comply with government guidance there have been a few changes which we would like to bring your attention to.
The following are specific requirements during the COVID-19 pandemic
- You must not travel to Cornwall if you or any of your party are showing signs of any symptoms or have been contacted to isolate by the track and trace system.
- If you or someone in your group has symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature/a new, continuous cough/a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste) or you have been in contact with someone with these symptoms please stay at home, and let us know by email
- If you or someone in your group develops any of the above symptoms whilst staying with us or you receive a track and trace alert while on holiday, you should vacate your cottage and return home to self isolate immediately. Please contact us as soon as possible on 01637 874020 along with contacting 111. You are not permitted under any circumstances to remain at the property with symptoms.
- We also are asking you to bring your own hand sanitizer, anti bac hand soap, sanitising wipes and a mask. Although we will not require you to wear a mask on the site, you may want to have one with you for trips to the supermarkets, shops etc. We would however strongly advise you do your shopping at home before your journey. This will avoid what are set to be large queues and unnecessary journeys to the supermarkets
Generally this year you will need to be well prepared and as self-sufficient at the property as possible – local shops and services are going to be very busy and have limited capacity due to social distancing requirements. In addition, local pubs and restaurants will have reduced capacity. Major supermarket deliveries will be difficult. However, there are huge numbers of local suppliers, shops and stalls selling and delivering locally. If you prepare, investigate and pre-order as best you can, you will benefit from a wide range of wonderful local produce. Our advice is to spend time on the web before your holiday to plan things carefully. The more you plan, the more enjoyable your holiday will be.
To reduce contact if you have any requests or queries before or during your stay please contact us on 01637 874020 or email email@example.com
The Cottages/Yurts will be prepared for your arrival and disinfected to the best of their ability by our cleaners, but nothing can be 100% guaranteed for obvious reasons.
- To allow for extra cleaning, check-in time for the cottages and yurts is now 5pm. Please do not arrive at Tresooth Holiday Barns, Carnebo Holiday Barns or Cornwall Yurts before this time. We offer a self check in where the keys will be fully sanitised and left in the lock box, to which you will have received in your arrival details package prior to your stay.
- Please make use of our onsite hand sanitising stations before and after use of the facilities and communal areas, along with preventing the spread of coronavirus by frequently washing your hands for 20 seconds. (please see the video below)
- Please maintain social distancing at all times with other guests, and take care to adhere to government guidance on what you can and cannot do.
WHAT ELSE WE ARE DOING
- Each yurt will be allocated 1 x toilet, 1 x shower and 1 x sink for the duration of your stay
- Our Glampers will be required to wipe down all shared amenities in the cookhouse after they have used them such as, the microwave, kettle, cooker knobs etc.
- In the unlikely event that our onsite managers need to gain access to your cottage/yurt during your stay for any reason, we will do so once you have vacated the property.
WHAT WE HAVE ADDED TO OUR SITES
- Extra hand sanitising stations – please use these before and after using facilities and communal areas
- Social distancing awareness in all communal areas
- Enhanced cleaning practices in line with the Government guidelines
- PPE for all of our staff
WHAT WE HAVE HAD TO REMOVE FROM THE SITE/COTTAGES
- Welcome files
- Some of the soft furnishings from the accommodation
- Games/pool/table football and ping pong from the games room. This area will only be open to access the wifi at Tresooth Holiday Barns
- Linen changes for 2 week bookings. Fresh linen can be provided if requested, we ask that you however change these yourselves and leave the dirty linen in the bag provided by the door.
- Our hot tub/Jacuzzi, sauna and games room will remain closed until further notice; this is a Government requirement. As soon as we are given notice the site facilities will open and resume as normal.
- Prior to departure/check please make sure the property is clean and tidy. Our cleaner’s jobs this season will be made a little more difficult. Please don’t make this harder for them.
- Please leave all doors and windows open (unless the weather persuades you otherwise) to fully ventilate the accommodation. If you can check out early we please ask that you do so otherwise checkout must be no later than 10.00am
If government enforced travel restrictions (such as further lockdown periods for the whole of the United Kingdom) meaning you are unable to come for your stay, we will refund your holiday fee or postpone/relocate your stay with no admin fees. Similarly if we are unable to fulfil your holiday we will of course refund your holiday fee or offer a relocation. If you are unable to travel to Cornwall and we are open and operating, our normal terms and conditions will apply, unless you are put into a local lockdown by the Government. In this case we will offer to move your stay to alternative dates free from admin charges (there may e a surcharge if you want to change your holiday to peak dates)
We welcome our guests with the same warmth we have always done. While the COVID-19 outbreak is an ever changing and fluid situation, we are committed to keeping you informed, safe and cared for as our valued guest.
Thank you for your continued loyalty and we wish you a safe and comfortable stay with us.
Take care and stay safe,
All of the team at Country View Cottages
Please see below some FAQs
I have a balance payment due for a holiday. What shall I do?
Balance payments for the remainder of 2020 will be due 21 days before arrival.
Where can I receive more information about coronavirus?
We would advise you to check the GOV.UK website for the most up to date information. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
Where can find the latest travel guidance from the government?
We would advise that you check the GOV.UK website for the most up to date information: www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-essential-travel-guidance