- Bookings and VAT
- Bookings will only be accepted on receipt of the customers deposit payment of 30% of the total cost payable in respect of the booking.
- If a booking is made less than 8 weeks prior to the arrival date then full payment must be paid at the time of booking.
- Country View Cottages is a fully VAT registered company.
- The prices shown are inclusive of VAT and a full VAT invoice can be produced if required.
2. Payment of Balance
- The full balance is payable 8 weeks prior to arrival and a reminder will be emailed 2 weeks before this date.
- The deposit will be accepted as part payment in respect of the booking, if the balance is not paid in full by the due date, then Country View Cottages will be entitled to cancel the booking for the client without notice, and without incurring any liability to the customer in respect of any loss or damage following such cancellation.
- The cancellation will be deemed to have been made by the customer.
- In the event of cancellation by the customer prior to the balance being paid in full the 30% deposit paid at the time of booking will be retained and is non-refundable.
- If the customer cancels before the 8 week period prior to the arrival date and has paid in full then the deposit amount of 30% shall be retained and the remaining balance refunded to the customer.
- If the customer wishes to cancel within the 8 week period prior to the arrival date then the full amount will be retained and is non-refundable.
- In the extremely unlikely event of Country View Cottages having to cancel the booking, our liability shall be limited to any monies being fully refunded to the customer, however where possible alternative accommodation will be offered.
- Although cancellations cannot be avoided we recommend that you take out holiday insurance with an independent broker or bank.
4. Damage caused to the property
- The customer undertakes to keep the Property and furniture, fittings and effects in or at the Property in the same state of repair and conditions as at the start of the holiday (reasonable wear and tear excepted), and to leave the property in a clean and tidy manner at the end of your stay.
- If any items shall be lost or damaged during the stay then the customer shall be responsible for the cost of replacing with the same or similar or making good such lost or damaged items before the end of their holiday.
- The customer agree that the property will be left in good order and a clean and tidy condition. An extra cleaning charge of a minimum of £50 will be levied if the accommodation is not left to a satisfactory standard.
- Any cost to Country View Cottages to replace or make good any item or extra cleaning will be notified to the customer in writing and invoiced accordingly with payment to be received by Country View Cottages within 24 hours. Failing to do so will result in further action being taken.
- All of our properties are fitted with a coded key safe; the customer will receive information on this via email along with the security code and directions when full payment has been received two weeks before the holiday begins.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
6. Property check in/check out
- Access to properties will be after 3.00pm on your day of arrival to allow time for cleaning and servicing, and the property must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure (unless otherwise agreed by us in writing).
- Late check outs will attract a further charge.
- Upon check out, the property is to be locked and the keys returned in accordance with the arrival instructions given to the Occupier.
- Bed linen is included in the price and beds are made up on arrival. Bathroom towels are provided but we advise that you bring extra towels for the beach/swimming pool.
- It is essential that you contact Country View Cottages head office or our onsite manager representative immediately if any problem arises during your stay so that it can be sorted out as quickly as possible. It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to sort out difficulties properly unless we are told promptly.
- We may need access to the Property during your stay, for example to carry out maintenance tasks. This will be arranged with the guests in advance.
- Any complaints not raised to us and/or the property site manager during the stay and only reported after the guest has returned from their holiday will not be compensated in any way.
- Two domestic pet are allowed per cottage/yurt free of charge. If you would like to bring more than two pet please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Any extra pets agreed with Country View Cottages head office will be charged £25 per pet
- Where pets are permitted, they are to be kept under control, exercised off the premises and any dog fouling must be removed immediately
- Pets must not be left in the property unsupervised at any time as this can result in considerable damage to the property and distress to the pet. The Occupier will be responsible for all damage caused by the pet.
- Country View Cottages cannot accept responsibility for the safety of any pet on the premises
- Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms or on to the furniture. At the end of your stay please remove all traces of pets from the property and garden.
- If a pet is taken to a property where pets are excluded, or the stated number/size of pets is exceeded without consent, the Company and onsite manager are entitled to refuse entry and this will be treated as a cancellation by the Occupier
9. Smoking Policy
- In accordance with the 2007 smoking ban all of our cottages are non smoking.
- Smoking is permitted in outside areas only, however we respectfully ask that you remove all traces of cigarettes.
10. Swimming Pools, Hot Tub/Jacuzzi and Sauna
- Outdoor swimming pools are open from April 1st – September 30th.
- Our Jacuzzi and sauna at Tresooth Holiday Barns will be closed for the month of November for yearly maintenance.
- Our swimming pools have no lifeguards. It is a self-regulated site and it is therefore vital that all guests must abide by all of the swimming pool/hot tub safety rules
- Use of the hot tubs and swimming pools and sauna are entirely at own risk. Neither us, the owner of the property or the swimming pool/hot tub company/sauna company and cleaners accept any responsibility for any illness, injury, reaction or condition resulting from the use of the hot tub, swimming pool or sauna.
- You and all guests are responsible for your own safety when using these facilities. Children under the age of 16 and non-swimmers must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- If you have any pre/existing medical condition or any concerns you must consult a GP before use.
- Any call out due to user error, including mode change will be chargeable to the user.
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi use. Children under the age of 16 years are not permitted to use our hot tubs/jacuzzis. This is in accordance with specific health and safety guidelines for spa use by children.
- Our hot tubs/jacuzzis are kept at the regulated temperature of 37-39 degrees.
- You must shower before and after every use.
- The hot tubs are emptied, sanitised and refilled during every weekly changeover period taking up to 12-14 hours to heat to a safe to use temperature on arrival, they are treated with chemicals, if you are allergic or sensitive to chlorine or any sanitizing product you should not use these facilities.
- We respectfully ask that the use of hot tubs are not used after 11.00pm
- Sauna use. Please ensure that you are clothed in suitable bathing wear and sit on a towel. We do not permit nudity.
- 5 or 10 minutes is ample for a beginner and an experienced sauna bather shouldn’t stay in for more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Children under the age of 16 years are not permitted in the sauna.
- We reserve the right to close the swimming pool, hot tub and/or sauna at any time for urgent maintenance purposes or safety issues without prior warning or compensation.
11. The Tenancy
- The property will be available to the customer and members of their party only and should be used solely for the purpose of a holiday within the meaning of Section 9 of The Rent Act. 1977.
- In no circumstances may the period booked be exceeded unless written permission has been given by Country View Cottages and the customer will be liable for any additional charges.
- The total number of people shall not exceed the number on the booking form unless notified to us in writing before the start of your holiday.
- Country View Cottages reserve the right to enter the property at all times, for the purpose of inspection or to carry out any cleaning, repair or maintenance to the property or equipment.
- The customer and their group must not cause any nuisance or annoyance to any occupant of neighbouring premises and noise should be kept to a minimum after 11.00pm. Country View Cottages reserve the right to terminate the holiday immediately if any of the above conditions are not adhered to.
- The person who has made the booking is authorised by all the other members of their party to sign the booking form on their behalf so that they shall be subject to these Conditions.
- This person accepts responsibility for all damage to the Property or any of its contents or the loss of any of its contents during the stay.
- Country View Cottages will not be responsible for any items lost or left behind. Returning of any item if found once we have been notified can be arranged for a postal charge. In the event that any lost or forgotten item isn’t found Country View Cottages will not be liable to replace them or reimburse the cost of a replacement.
13. Force Majeure
- Country View Cottages do not accept liability or pay compensation for any loss, damage or expense where our obligations are prevented or affected by any reason of Force Majeure.
- Force Majeure means any event which we even with due care, forsee or avoid such as war, threat of war, civil strife, terrorist activity, epidemic, pandemic, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse waster condition, closure of all airports or ports, technical problems with transport, Government action and all other similar events.
- All of our properties and their facilities are used at your own risk.
- Special care must be taken at properties with swimming pools, play areas and ponds.
- Parents should ensure their Children are supervised at all times. We regret that we cannot be held responsible for your children, their behaviour or any accidents that occur during your stay.
- The use of accommodation and amenities, where offered, such as swimming pools, trampolines, hot tubs, children’s play equipment, sauna’s, travel cots, high chairs etc, is entirely at the users own risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for injury, or loss or damage to users or visitors belongings.